Friday, June 18, 2010

Poetry

PERSONAL OPINIONS FROM O.N.V AND KAMALADAS

O.N.V (1992) MUDRA ( Appreciation of Ujjaini )

To Manyasahodari Suvarna,

Received the letter and the article. Let me express my gratitude, love and happiness through this letter. I have got several letters and short communications about Ujjayini by this time. But such a comprehensive appreciation is for the first time .I now understand the deep meaning of the Suktha of Kaalidasa,
Aaparithoshaadwidushaam/ Nasaadhumanye prayogavignanam.
I again express my thanks for making me feel the satisfaction that the goal of my work has been attained.
Chakravaalachemburuli was a good study .It was a Nalapat Publication. Is it not ? Write when you get time.
With regards and respect

O.N.V (24.6.2003) MADHURALAYAM (Poetry )

Got Madhuralayam.Nandi .Santhosham.
Read all the poems. Some of them several times. All are small Geethi which are beautiful and Swachanda.Mind cooled bathing in the Ilanneer of poetry which flows without any obstruction in Dravida style of Paana,Maarakaakali,Keka,Unatharangini,Omanathingalkidavo mattu(lullaby)etc.Along with that hyku and a Mukthachandas(VishnuGeetham) in Tharangini Thaalam I liked well. The Krishnachathurbadra and Suvarnadharasthava brings out the culture of music and love for Keerthana in Suvarna.Let me express my Abhinandana.
The printing with the distance between the letters and lines was not very beautiful. It would have been more beautiful if you had given it to Ravi.D C or Trichur Current .That also is necessary .
Geethi are the proofs of poetry reaching the planes of culture ,crossing the sounds(sabda)meanings(artha)and Bhava .Again my Abhinandanam.

Kshemaaya cha punardarsanaaya



ONV (1999) SANDRANANDAM (Krishna poems)

To Manyasahodari Srimathy Suvarna Nalapat

Received letter and copy of Sandrananda.Nandi,Santhosham.Since poetry has to be enjoyed little by little and slowly ,and since there is enough scope for it in Sandrananda I didn’t read it fast .I do hope that Suvarna’s literary works will give Sandrananadam for ever to the readers since poetry, criticism and visionary philosophy all are within your reach.
Kalamandalam has not become a deemed university .More distance for it. We are trying for it. If Asokan can give a project to the Secretary of Kalamandala I can put it for the consideration of the committee. I too would be happy if I can do something to perpetuate the memory of the good relationship Nalapat and Vallathol had .One thing more.Deemed University is not an affiliated University .Therefore Affiliation may not be possible. We will have to think of some other methods.
Sukhamalle ? Snehadarangalode,Navavalsaraasamsakalode

SUKUMAR AZHEEKODE (SANDRANANDAM )7.4.1999

TO
Dear Dr Suvarna,
Got letter and book.Nandi .
Through this Kavya ,I hope Keralam will discover a woman who has the ability to maintain the heritage of Balamani Amma.Even a topic which ahs been explained again and again ,can be made beautiful and enjoyable by people who have Prathibha is proved by each single poem in this.
The Sabdareethi has to be a little bit softened. For the planes of poetic sound, the upper hand of Sanskrit should not be given.
About the study of Chilappathikara ,get it liberated from there.D C will publish it.
Kshemam nerunnu


KAMALADAS (1957 MARICHA KILI –A POEM IN BALAPAMKTHI OF MATHRUBHOOMI)

Suvarnamole,
Reading the poetry Amyoppu first cried .Then laughed. Thinking of the bird cried. Thinking of such a sister for me laughed .
Amyoppu

KAMALADAS 23.3.1980 (PUZHAYUDE KATHA –NOVELLETTE )

Ente PriyaSuvarne ,
Finished reading your book with wonder. There is no need to say that it is good. The lines ending in 95th page I read again and again. I wish to read your poetry too.
Namaskaram to Bhanu and Abhilash .
Snehathode Amyoppu
(The lines on end of page 95 which she liked most were these :

Death is not something to be feared. The sun sinking in the ocean knows another sunrise will come. The twilight embracing the night knows there is a new day. Death is not an end. It is a beginning. There is no end for the icecap. The nectar when it flows down is merged within me. From me to the tributaries. The culture of Love which never changes its Bhava though the form changes. Tomorrow morning, the mountain will wear it again on its head ,…in a new model.)

No comments: